Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

YUMMY!

Every Tuesday night for our Students For Christ meetings, one of my responsibilities is to make a dessert that 25-35 people can share. Last night I made a yummy egg pudding pie. It turned out to be something like a creme brulee in a pie shell. It got devoured before I was able to take a second helping! (The only problem, is I am quickly running out of recipies, if anyone knows of a good recipie, please feel free to pass it on!) Instead I was busy talking with students about what had just happened in our meeting.

Last night, we talked breifly about the verse in Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." Then we gave all the students the opportunity to find a quiet place with God and then to: (1) Allow Him to still us before Him, so that all our worries, concerns, and thoughts fade away, and all that is left is our focus on Him; (2) Begin expressing yourself to God in a written or drawing form; (3) Lastly, we left some time to allow God to respond to what we had written. It went really well.

There were many comments about how it is hard sometimes to quiet ourselves and listen to God. Others said, that God had been speaking to their hearts earlier in the week about the same verse. In essence people tasted more of the true presence of God--and it tasted good!

No comments: