Yesterday I had a "Rice Sighting." Now I am not talking about grains of rice, but of the Big Rice. Condoleezza. Condoleezza Rice. My sighting came along on an ordinary day when I stepped outside my apartment to go to the bank. As I was walking to the bank I saw three cops on motorcycles come speeding along with Sirens flailing announcing a car procession, then I saw car after car of tinted windows and CIA agents with ear piece and suits. The procession finished with two press vans and three more motorcycle cops finishing up the procession. In the middle of that procession was Condoleezza Rice, and I was standing on teh sidelines with my mouth agape.
Now, I should probably expect to see this from time to time since I am living five minutes from the European Union in Brussels, the heart of Europe. But I confess, I am a newbie and seeing the "United States Secretary of State" isn't something I expect to see. But then again...life has a way of surprising us. My "Rice Sighting" was just one such surprise.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Neat stuff! (This is Sarah from MI, btw)
Got the link to your blog off of facebook.
Have a nice day!
Post a Comment