"Once you send the application in," said the Consulate's Representative "it normal takes between three to four weeks for your VISA to be processed, but it could take longer." Honestly, I had hoped that my VISA allowing me to go to Belgium would take about two weeks, but now I am in my tenth week of waiting, and every person I have talked with in the Consulate office is shocked that I have waited that long. As of right now my only hurdle before getting to Belgium is my VISA. To make matters worse, I just received word that there could be some problems with my VISA and that although it was sent to Belgium two days after I sent it down to LA for processing in August, it was still in Brussels.
At first I must admit I was a little scared. I didn't doubt God's timing, but I did wonder if the Consulate people really knew of His schedule to get me to Belgium as quickly as possible. So I decided to do a quick topical search on God's goodness. Throughout all the verses in the Bible, I found three things to be echoed time and time again.
1. God always fulfills every promise that He gives.
2. The Lord is good, His love endures forever.
3. God is good, He satisfies our every need.
Therefore, I know that my VISA will come in time and that there is no reason to fear. This story, these complications are the beginning of a great praise report when my VISA comes into my hands. God uses all for His glory and I pray that God will use this situation to bring about the most glory possible. So I appreciate all of the prayers. Knowing that one day I will have my VISA in my hands. I should hear news soon.
Friday, November 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment