Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2005

In Brussels!

After nearly one year of fundraising, 15 weeks of waiting for my VISA to come in, I am finally in Brussels. I arrived yesterday with all my luggage (all 190lbs worth) and a lot of fatigue after having pulled an all nighter-flight including a 5.5 hrs lay-over in Frankfurt, Germany. Yet it is soooo good to be here. I feel welcome and have a little apartment to call home, and I am nearly unpacked. (Yesterday my unpacking consisted of dumping my suitcases onto the floor, but now, all of my clothes are put away and I am finding places for the other things I brought to make me feel at home.) The family is great here. There is Steve and Deanne Turley (whom I have come to assist) they have been leading Students For Christ for 6 years, and they have three kids: Rachel (16), Bethany (14), and Luke (12).

It feels so good to be here, but yet it is almost like a dream. Yesterday I kept thinking as I was traveling that it did seem like a dream that I was now able to go to Belgium, yet I had a catch to that dream, I knew I would wake up in Brussels, Belgium and that everything I had been hoping for so long will start to happen--I will be living in Belgium, befriending students, and seeing God's glory as He works through their and my lives.

No comments: