Merry Christmas to all! Even though I do miss being with family during this time, it feels good to be in Belgium. The city is all lit up and at the Grand Place, they even have a manger set up (take in mind that Belgium has Catholic roots). I love Christmas time, it just seems like such a warm time with the Christmas music, the lights, and families coming together to be with one another, not to mention that it's the celebration that Jesus was born, born to die for us all. Three days ago, SFC had it's Christmas party and it was so much fun. Everyone was there, eating, singing Christmas songs, there was a white elephant gift exchange that was absolutely hilarious, CDs and a pearl(esque) necklace were the most fought over. All the students at SFC are warm and welcoming. Even at my first meeting they already seemed liked friends.
Yesterday, I organized for a group of all those who were interested to go to see Narnia in the theatres, it was fun as well. Eight or so of us went and it was a touching movie, I almost think it could have been a bit longer, I wanted to have more glances at Narnia, but I recommend it with the copy of The Lion, The Which, and The Wardrobe (by C.S. Lewis) close at hand. It is a quick read, but it is very touching. I recommend seeing it.
Tonight we are going to do Christmas at Midnight. (I've even heard it rumored that the kids got me a stocking this year too!) But first we are going to watch one of my ABSOLUTE favorite movies: It's a Wonderful Life. That is one of the top movies on my top ten list, I can even watch it in July, I just love it. So I need to get going, but I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas!
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment