Pages

Saturday, December 03, 2005

European Drivers

Now that I am here, I must admit, seeing people drive in Europe is like seeing the Indianapolis 500, except much slower and that it is in my own neighborhood. It is not uncommon to see a car hit numerous times while another vehicle is trying to park. Neither is it uncommon to create lanes to drive in, where the road usually has three or four lanes, you now can see five. I am thankful that I live off the main street, yet still inside the city. It is so easy to get around and to meet up with people. I love it. I am also thankful, that I haven't ever driven in Brussels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, it sounds like they drive crazy!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I can't stand big city driving even when it's orderly! Jeesh! At least you won't have to drive.
Anyway, I love your site Diane, it's coming together very nicely. I look forward to reading and seeing more and your time in Belgium!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I don't have to maneuver those streets. I would get banged up and I don't want that to happen again.
Herbert