Sometimes I wonder how a so-called catholic nation like Belgium can have a population with virtually no concept of Jesus. But my search stops short when I read my French literature text book in preparation for my exam...
1. "The Bible is a work of men, and not of God. It needs to be regarded as a simple historic document..."
2. "In Genesis we find a compilation of different beliefs that we find in neighboring people and cultures... The Old Testament is a tissue of lies, situations of incest, and immorality..."
3. "The philosopher asks how a loving God could reject an entire part of his creation and reserve his favor for only a part of creations... a chosen people is an exclusive myth used to justify barbarian's."
4. "The church feeds the division of faithful followers, it commits the worst crimes in the name of God..."
5. "[Jesus'] disciples considered him a prophet, only later after he had died. St. Paul, the real founder of Christianity never talked about his divinity."
6. The author Voltaire "doesn't put into question the existence of Jesus Christ but according to [Voltaire], Jesus is not distinguished by any exceptional action." (The fact that they mention that Voltaire doesn't question Jesus' existence means that there are others who do!)
7. "The Christian martyrs were not slaughtered, they were repressed but not persecuted."
Look at that! These are real quotes from my text book. Yes l'Universite Libre de Bruxelles is technically an atheistic campus, but the security guard who ushered me off campus (see "Glory through the Da Vinci Code" for more info) said that it is a neutral campus. Reading between the lines, they are neutral to everything except Jesus. Wow! I was a little hesitant what the test would be like with information like that in the text book, but I think it went well, I'll let y'all know. In the mean time, I am still stunned about the lies that are taught and believed here. And I am excited at how God will break through!
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment