
Although I saw fireworks on the fourth of July--those are not the fireworks I am talking about. God is in immense creativity exploded nature onto a piece of land called "Oregon." Being back here feels so good and so natural, I had also forgotten how beautiful it is! When I first arrived, I admit, I was experiencing culture shock, from the simple fact that everyone looked American and spoke English with American accents, to the Starbuck's on every-other corner. But seeing family and friends was priceless. It has felt like I have just been home, and that life has resumed as normal, spending time with Mom and Dad, driving my car, getting a Chai frappachino...

I have recently been to the Oregon Coast and spent time with my little nephew and Crater Lake with my parents, and am much more assured in my position that Oregon is one of the most beautiful places on earth. It is composed of beautiful people who love well, nature that has exploded as "Les oeuvres d'art de la main de Dieu" (God's work of art), and a sweetness in the air which when breathed in shouts "life." Next week I am going to Chicago to go see my brother, sister-in-law and niece there, but I think Oregon (and all that it is for me) will remain the fireworks of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment