The time has come. And I have been hunting, searching, fishing, looking, and praying for the perfect apartment. Although I thought I had found it a few weeks ago--and yes, it was perfect! But, it went to another party and so now the search continues. In less than a month I need to move out with two friends, Joëlle (a current roommate) and Adeline (a girl in my small group) to that unknown address. We are looking for a place that can become a home, somewhere we can invite others to "be" with us, somewhere that can be easily accessed in a good area of town (that last part is my Mom's prayer...), and a place that can be our refuge and the refuge of others.
But at the same time, even though the time is coming up to move out, I feel at peace. I have looked for apartments some are good, some are not-so-good, but I know that God already knows my address and at the right time--I will too.
So, sounding like the Ani diFranco's song "Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin," I'm hoping that I will soon have an apartment! That way I will no longer wish for it, but instead I can call myself 'home' in it. :)
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment