Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

God is bigger than any giant

Since January 1st, I have found two great apartments and I have applied and have been denied at both places. One just stopped communication another said they wanted Belgians renting it, so my American-self and my Congolese roommate started our search again. It has been hard, but I know that God is bigger and that He knows how to give good gifts to His children.

One consistent criteria has been an apartment that will give way to community. It feels like there has been opposition, will you pray with me? This opposition is trying to get my roommate and I down. Yet, I have recently been reflecting on the life of David. He did not have what it took to fight Goliath, David was not strong enough, his weapons were not ‘adequately equipped,’ but he knew one thing—his God was bigger than any giant.

In light of my apartment search which has been extensive and has at times seemed like a massive giant, I here-and-now proclaim that God is bigger. I am thankful that I serve a God in whom I can trust and that He also loves me enough to teach me how to trust Him even when I am faced by giants. In this proclamation, I hope you will also be encouraged that regardless of what you are facing, regardless of how big and massive it might seem, God is bigger. Thank you for your prayers! Let me know how I can also stand in prayer with you to face your giants with our Big God. :)

No comments: