Pages

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Life is Great in 2008!

I was talking with my Mom the other day and she said the previous phrase, "Life is great in 2008," so I thought is was appropriate to use here. Today, I am relaxing as I just got back last night from a European-wide Students For Christ conference in Nuremberg, Germany. It reminded me of when I first came to Brussels over two years ago, because that was the first conference I assisted in. It went really well, there were students there from over 10 countries and we prayed and worshiped our God together. There were times of fellowship (as can be seen holding Starbuck's coffee mugs) and times of seeking God together, as a community, as a church.

During one of the services Christopher Gornold Smith said the following: "By thinking that a problem is too big for God, you are limiting Him to a human in His understanding, and by saying that the details of your life are too small for Him, you are making yourself like God for nothing is neither too small nor too big for Him." I like that. It put things in a new wording which brought about new perspective. A great way to start the New Year!

Also, this year I have decided to make some other changes, I wrote a long list of all the things I want to change or do (including being better with emails and going to more museums). But to accomplish those, I realize that it is all in the Hands of God, so God--take my dreams and make them yours!

No comments: