To me, this Sabbath has been trusting God that He will enable me to get all that I need to encourage in one less day, six days of work and one day of rest. Sometimes I look at my schedule and I say "But Lord, with all that I have to do this week...how can I take a Sabbath?" But, I am relieved to know that I am not God, I am not all-mighty or all-powerful, that I need rest and that without Him...I am n-o-t-h-i-n-g. So I take my Sabbath as a step of faith, this step means that "Lord, I trust you to help me to get everything else accomplished another day."
Today is one of my Sabbath days, and it has been beautiful! The sun is shining calling me out on a nice long walk, the construction workers are pounding the ground...but that's Brussels, and I hear the call of God "Come Away With Me." And with that call--I go. I delight myself in Him, and I enter into His presence. I just finished reading an article published in "Discipleship Journal" entitled: Keeping Company with God. It spoke of Frank Laubach's, a worker for the illiterate, journey into constant moment by moment communion with the Father. This is not just for a Sabbath day...this is for life, constant communion with the Father. Here's the link if you want to read it:
1 comment:
hey, I am so excited about all you have been up to in and out of Belgium these past 8 years!
May God continue to bless and guide your steps in His mission, and most of all build his kingdom through your relationships. You are blessing to me.
Also I got to hang out with my good friend Joseph this past few days, he came to visit me in Seattle. Joseph was a dear dear friend of mine in Tournai, (I don't know if you remember him). I love belgium and miss it greatly.
Post a Comment