Often in life I have come to believe that it's all about making connections with one another. Last Tuesday we had our first official SFC meeting after the school year had started, and with a few little words...over 50 people showed up. Now for many the following words may seem like a "no brainer" when you consider working on campuses, but for me the following words resulted in a successful launch year of SFC Brussels. The words... (any guesses?) "all you can eat Pizza." Our first official evening at SFC was held at Pizza Hut.Birthday's also are a way to draw people in and connect them to others, on September 19th, I turned 27. It's odd, I don't think of myself as 27, I don't even think of myself as 26 sometimes...but to celebrate I threw a party and invited everyone. During the party people were able to mingle and get to know one another, people from SFC and not from SFC were able to talk and get connected. (I included a video of the night, in Belgium it's custom for the Birthday-person to give a speach...so I did thanking them all for their participation and involvement in my life.)
Tomorrow we'll be presenting our different small groups to SFC and I will be giving a short encouraging introduction to small groups. I am excited about it because, once again...it is all about connections. God connecting Himself to us in relationship, how he views our relationship with Him and with others vital parts to every life. In a short amount of time, over pizza, birthday cake, and small groups (the one I'll be co-leading has the catch phrase "How to live life with God" as it's theme); I have been reaffirming the realization that it's all about making connections.
No comments:
Post a Comment