Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Holding my hand...

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." (Is 41:13) I like this verse. God holds on to my right hand. Have you ever felt like me where it is nice just to know someone is there, just holding onto your hand. It is a simple reminder of God's promise to always be there and to never abandon me, to never abandon us.

Today my grandpa died, yet once again today God is holding onto my hand. I don't know where I would be without God. I don't know if I could feel comforted by the world's weak explanations to life. But I do know that God is here--he has taken hold of my hand and when I decided to trust in Him, I took hold of his.

Holding his hand I know that I can trust Him my Adonai, my Master, who provides all my needs. As the verse says, I do not need to fear because God will help me. It is He who is holding my hand.

No comments: