I have to admit, I am scared. That among other emotions of disappointment and regret I see that the 2008 election date is coming in a few days and my absentee ballot won't arrive in time. This is what I have come to believe the election that will monumentally change the United States and henceforth the world. And I am scared.
Over here in Europe I hear a myriad of opinions. The greater European parliament and general population believes that Barack Obama should be the next president of the US. Yet what I have heard that has struck me the most is from a man who attends church with me. He stated, "All Americans vote by proxy for the rest of the world."
We all vote by proxy for the rest of the world. Thus I am afraid of this upcoming election, the world says "Obama" and I see us handing the entire Middle East over to the strongest hand. I am faced with disappointment and regret knowing that my absentee ballot won't arrive in time to count. This upsets me and may also upset others, but I go into this election not armed with a ballot, and so I have decided to arm myself with the only real weapon I have...prayer. I pray that God will help us all in this monumental time period.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment