Learning Russian is not the easiest language in the world. Here in Eden, there are two main languages: Russian as well as the native language. At a presentation done by myself, some other Americans, and Mike (whereas I played the part both of an American as well as a Belgian) the teachers also presented the benefits of the language program. At first the Language staff at the school was talking about learning BOTH languages at once, but I think that we'll just stick with Russian at the time being.
In my Russian classes, I am grateful that I have a knowledge in French. Why?, an inquisitive person might ask. Well it is not because of the similarities of the two languages. Instead it is because of our language teacher. In an effort to teach us Russian, she doesn't know any English, so she instead translates the Russian words into French whereas Mike or I will translate the words or instructions into English and upon need the words will also be further translated into either Chinese, Korean, or Spanish. It is indeed a multi-lingual class!
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment