Pages

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Surgery

6am: My brother Kevin and I got to the hospital to visit with Mom a few minutes before they took her out. She shared with us after we prayed around her bedside that Ps 52:8-9 were the verses that were really standing out to her. "But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God;I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints."

6:30am: Preparation for the surgery

9am: Get a call that surgery has just started

10am: Get a call that the tumor is "VERY benign!!" NO CANCER!! :)

During this no-news waiting-time, it was hard to wait, but there was a group, waiting, praying, itching to hear news...

2pm: Surgery done, Mom survived and is in recovery!!! :)

6pm: Mom has moved to ICU from recovery.

7pm: I finally get to see her and say that I love her!

God brought her through--thank you all for praying! God is able!

1 comment:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I'm so glad that things have worked out.