Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Dreams Come True

I have seen God as the Master dream-weaver recently. He has done the imaginably more in my life, which also gives me hints of what is yet to come...I smile just to think of it. While here in Eden, I have been faced with some dreams that are "almost...but not quite". (Where I thought something was "just right for me", only to discover that God had something else--something different in mind.) My apartment is a good example: it seemed perfect until I realized that cockroaches can crawl the walls (particularly the one above my bed), that my neighbors informed my landlord of my whereabouts, and that having your every move watched by others--actually makes you feel less safe--thus I knew I needed to change apartments! So, without a new apartment--just a dream of one, I told my landlord that I was leaving and gave my ten day notice. Day 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, and 5 all passed without an apartment (day 5 was hard as I saw horrible apartment prospects, but luckily enough I caught 5 cockroaches between the hours of 3am and 5am--inciting me to continue the apartment search). But then along came day 4! One street above where I was currently living, the cutest, cheeriest, most "homey" little apartment came across my path (or shall I say, I came across its path), and with prayer--I knew that it was to be mine! God took the "almost" out of my dream as He gave me a NEW apartment that had everything I liked in the old apartment--minus everything I didn't like. And then God used that in my life to encourage me of what He will continue to do in the group here, in the city and country of Eden, and in my own personal life. God is the master dream-weaver, He takes the "almost" out of our dreams and gives the immeasurably more!

Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to share about some of the ways that God recently has encouraged me to dream and step out in the freedom that He has given me. I shared that God has given me the (1) freedom to love--regardless of whether that love is returned, I can be free to love not expecting anything in return; (2) the freedom to be me--no longer having to live up to never satisfied image of the "ideal" or perfect Diane, God has created me to be me and to experience the joy and adventure of discovering and living out all that He has placed in me; and I shared (3) the freedom to abandon our dreams into the hands of God--thus with God as our partner we can trust Him as He directs us and we are no longer solely responsible to realize our dreams--now we can trust Him. It was wonderful to be able to share with the group here and to be able to hear people's dreams and pray with them afterwards. I am getting just a glimpse of the Greatness of all that God dreams for the people I'm with, for this land called "Eden", and for this girl in whom He delights...and God's dreams are good! :)

No comments: