Tuesday, March 29, 2011
The Weekend God turned everything to Spring
We gathered together, we played, we prayed, and the 30 of us met with Jesus. It was a beautiful time because just as the frost and the snow melted off from the sidewalks and the rooftops--the coldness, closed-ness, and frost also was melted away from the hearts of those who went. Each of them (including me!) had a fresh touch from our beautiful, wonderful, Creator God. Thank you for your prayers and continued prayers that God will continue to touch, melt, and open up heart here in Eden! One morning, during our "morning encounters with God" we were given the 'assignment' to look around at nature and see what God may want to reveal to you. As I gazed outside, although I am neither a psalmist nor an artist, I felt God tugging at something in my heart. He showed me the melting snow and how when it is melted it not only reveals what is underneath that had remained buried for so long, but also it has the opportunity to have new growth in the places that were previously iced over, in so many ways--it is the same as with our hearts and I saw that weekend God do a "melting" of the snow, frost, and ice that people may have come to the retreat with, I saw Him melt it so that He can bring new growth. And in many ways--this is what I feel is coming to Eden (in the physical and the spiritual): Spring, God bringing new growth. In some ways as writing this--it reminds me of when Spring came to Narnia for the frist time in 100 years...and to that I say--God let it be so here as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment