Belgium Chocolate, one of the best things God ever made. If you have never had Belgian Chocolate, then you have not yet tasted true chocolate. I love it, I eat it and crave it. It is delicious.
Recently I have been randomly praying if I should (and what) take something off for Lent (the 40 days prior to Easter). (Note: I do not believe that participating or not participating in Lent has ever been an issue to the Lord.) Today it hit me after I finished up a lunch. Although I had just ate a lot of good nutricious food, what I really wanted was CHOCOLATE. So I searched, and it doesn't take me long to find my (quickly dwindling) "treasure trove" of American candy. (I ran out of Belgian Chocolate a few weeks back, and my "pastry/sweets budget" is already full.) Yet although any chocolate is good I craved Belgian (Cote d'Or) chocolate.
So with much delay, hesitation, and kicking my feet; I have decided to give up chocolate for Lent. (I will need a lot of prayer here) ;) This would not have been my first choice, but, I can do all things through Him (Jesus) who gives me strength. (Even give up Belgian chocolate...)
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're braver than I am! Nigel suggested I give up chocolates and sweets for Lent, I told him in all seriousness that this was impossible. And what kind of American candy do you have?! That's what I'm craving..
Post a Comment