My outing on one of Belgium's rare sunny days turned out to be with Charles at the Autonium. (Charles and I have been friends since my Belgian days in Comines.) The autonium was built in 1958 for the first ever, after WWII, World Trade Show. It was awesome!!! This is truly the pride of Brussels. It is very architecturally unique, there is not another one like it in all the world, yet I do not know if it would make a modern "Seven Wonders of the World" list. :)
It is immense and impressing. We had a chance to look around on the outside and even go inside--that was really cool. I was able to get an aerial view of Brussels, and even the explanation of what I saw. One of my favorite things about being inside was trying to take pictures on the moving escalator of the neighboring autonium balls touching the one I am currently traveling to... enjoy the pictures!
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment