Back-to-School. It no longer consists of getting the supplies, and making sure that I am first in line for the best copies of used text books. Right now it consists of: organizing people to help others move-in, figuring out how we are going to attract the attention of new students on campus, and planning events for people to come to. In everything, we already have a fairly good base set up of all that we're going to do, yet at the same time, working on getting all the details together is sometimes more difficult.
An example of a new "detail": Sunday in a planning meeting when I was stating when we are going to put posters up, someone asked me "Diane, do we have any posters to put up?" At that point I gasped, realizing that we only had a few posters left, not sufficient for 3+ campuses. So now, the detail has become one of my projects... design a 15" x 21" posters and have them printed before the week is over. It'll come out well though, and I hope to get it done this Wednesday or Thursday to send to the printers.
Back-to-School is starting to look a lot different. I think that it is that the work curve has changed. For a student, more work is in the middle to last bit of the semester, yet for me, I am discovering that the climax of activities is in the beginning. Then the group starts to form and things go back to normal with occasional big activities, and no longer 5-big-activities-per-week time periods. But, when all is said and done, I am learning a lot and I love what I am doing (and all the work that everyone is doing together).
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment