Here I am at midnight, picking up trash and talking to a boy who probably had a little too much to drink. He says "I can only trust in myself, I can only believe in myself, there is no God." I said, "I have learned that I do the things I don't want to do and I don't do all that I want to do. Therefore I have learned that I can not trust in myself to always be faithful. Yet I know that God, being God, can not be anything but faithful. It was out of His love and faithfulness that He tries to bring us to Himself in any way possible, including sending His only Son to die on a cross for me. I know that I cannot trust in myself, but I can trust in God..."It was the 24h bike race in Louvain-La-Neuve. There were teo categories, actual racers who raced around teh clock and folkloric bikes, with anything ffrom dragons to Pac-Man--SFC spoofed teh intel logo and put "Jesus inside." SFC had been serving free soft drinks, food, dessert, soup to all the passer-bys on this night of drukenness for the majority of students. Our goal was to serve teh students in love with the SFC group from Louvain-La-Neuve (a town about 30min from Brussels), as well as to start up purposefull conversations about spiritual matters. Sophie exclaimed how she loved God, but ever since her boyfriend, an athiest, has been in her life she has started to doubt whether or not there is a God. I prayed with her that she might come to know the awesomeness of God.
And then we come back to Guiem who only trusts in himself. At the end of our conversation I let him know that there was a group for people who wanted to know more about teh answers to the big questions of life called Students For Christ here in Louvain-La-Neuve. He said "I'm from Brussels." So I exclaimed how I was from Brussels too and that there was another group in Brussels, he said he might come one day, let's pray that he does.
No comments:
Post a Comment