Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Schwieger's together!

Schwieger's aligned! My cousin Meri and I have currently gone around Belgium, shopping, sight-seeing, and eating Belgium chocolate and waffles. It has been a ton of fun! She is studying acting (you'll some day see her name on the big screen) and is doing a study abroad semester in London, which gave us the perfect opportunity to explore some of Belgium together.

We not only gave tours (well I gave the tours, she took them) but we had some good time talking and sharing what has been happening in our lives. Here we are in Antwerp, where a Dutchman saved the city by cutting off the head and the hand of a giant. Paint's a pretty picture doesn't it? You can tell what we think of the story... ;)

The only sad part of the time is that it came to an end. Meri boarded a 6am train and I had to go off to school. Next stop... tomorrow I go to a retreat for all the workers of different fields of service in Western Europe, located only 2 1/2 hours away in quaint little Luxembourg. I'm sure it'll be fun and encouraging, but in the mean time, I need to get something done that I didn't do much of while Meri was here--sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: