
It is officialy Turkey Day! And I want to take this opportunity (throat-clear) to thank each of you for your impact on my life and your support in all that I do, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is because of the people I know that I can be who I am and where I am today. Thank you for your influence on me and your patience with me as I grow. (The picture is with me in my favoirite spot in Brugges, holding a surprise visitor that I wanted to take home but couldn't...)
I started off my day today by calling my parents (Thanksgiving greeting and recipe taking), then I called my brother and sister-in-law Tom and Jenna, and lastly I talked with my oldest brother, Kevin, his wife Tamara, and my ADORABLE niece Makaila. Then, after a few hours of sleep (because I did all the calling after midnight, maybe even a little later...), I got up bright and early. By 11:45a I had peeled all the potatoes (20-30), and cut them up for the mashed potatoes, I had also peeled and cut up all the carrots, I made a red-hot-applesauce-jello-salad, and did the dishes! I am finding the more I spend time in the kitchen, the more efficient I am! (Of course I am saying this before I actually make the mashed potatoes, let's hope they turn out well!)
So to everyone, again...thank you!!! I appreciate you. When I spoke last night about two things that I am thankful for, I said, "My family and friends, and that I am here in Belgium." You have all been a part of that. Merci avec tout mon coeur! Parce que je sais que ce n'est pas d'azar que on est ensemble comme amis et comme famille, ce n'est par d'azar... ce'st de Dieu!
1 comment:
Aww.. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, I hope it was a great day!
Post a Comment