Pages

Monday, December 04, 2006

It's my Anniversary!

I have officially spent one year (and a few days) here in Belgium, and I love that I can say that. It feels strange to be to say that, but in many ways it is a dream. This year has been one in which I have seen others and myself grow spiritually, I have explored the realms of Italian Ice Cream with friends and family, and I have looked for the beauty not only in the landscapes and architecture, but also in everyone around me.

It is hard to believe that I left Eugene, Oregon and the United States over a year ago and that I haven't been home since! It's a strange thought, but I am in no way distancing myself from people in the states, even if I currently live what sometimes seems like millions of miles away! (That would be billions of kilometers!)

So here's to one year gone by and more to come! All I can say is that I'm glad I still have time to discover all the ways that this country of Belgium has stolen my heart! (One of them is Brugge, the picture at the top, I went there to recently to reflect on my Belgian anniversary.)

No comments: