When I was in the middle of making dinner for Students For Christ last night, Stéphanie (one of my roommates, I have four: Stéphanie, Vanessa, Joëlle, and Françoise) told me that it was snowing. I was soooooo excited! I have been telling people it would snow soon since Christmas, and last night were the first flakes of Belgian snow this winter. So, I did what I always do at the first snow fall--I called my Dad to tell him how excited I am!During SFC, as the snow was falling we were also talking about a "freshness" in the group. We were talking about our focus, our goals, and our steps to our goals. It was a good time to look at where we have been and where we are going and to put everything again into sight. One of our main goals is that we want to be able to share the love of God with others so that they would also want to receive it and eventually share it with others.
Afterwards, Vanessa and I also participated in a "new" thing--the first snow fight of the year. Granted it only lasted about a minute, but that was because we had used up all the snow. If you see the picture above, in the lower left hand corner is a little bit of white stuff, and then there I am after having received a ball of snow / slush in the face. (Joëlle was too cold to go outside, so she took pictures from my bedroom window. I must admit though, she became another target.) ;) What can I say, a one minute snowball fight is better than nothing, my goal was to go out and play in the snow, and since that was accomplished--I'll take what I can get.
1 comment:
Aww.. glad you had your minute of fun! It snowed a few weeks ago here but it all melted before I got a chance to take pictures of Elliot playing in it. Now there are rumours we'll have blizzards through the night and wake up to the possibility of 10 inches of snow. I wish, but probably not likely where we're living..
Post a Comment