There were swarms of people around me, I felt like I was in a Roller Coaster ride just before it starts and you know that there will be MANY ups, downs, and upside-downs. I am at the starting line for the 20K, and I am excited! Then all of a sudden the cannon goes off, and the race has started. I start run and jogging and soon, and a minute and a half after I started the race, I found myself running alone. But then I remember what God had told me that morning--He asked if He could be my running partner in the race, and I agreed. Now not being a runner, and most times not even enjoying the running that I have done, I have to admit how surprised I was that I LOVED every second of the race, it was pure joy to me! I ran each step with a smile.There were times that I took a moment to try to encourage a fellow runner and other times when I was being encouraged by one of the other 25,000 runners that were there. Although there were times that I walked, there were also times that I danced, and other times that I felt like I was soaring. May 27th was a day where I not only ran my first (but not my last!) 20K, but also, it was a day where I experienced and lived out teh analogy of being a long-distance runner with the Lord. I can honestly say--He is the best partner to have beside you!
No comments:
Post a Comment