Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

So near and yet so far...

I just had a so near and yet so far moment. A moment where I was staring at what I wanted, it was staring at me and both knew the other one was unattainable. This mysterious unattainable item one the neighboring cat staring at me from his balcony while I was on mine. At first I heard a quiet little "meow" and so I replied in "meowmish" (the language of cats) and it was startled to find a person who spoke meowmish. There was no way that I could touch it or that it could ever reach me, to my
dismay, and I think the cat might have been relieved, apparently there aren't too many Belgians who speak meowmish and so to find someone who does put it a little disconcerted. And I sighed, because it is not to be. I think I am going through pet-withdrawls, the type where after not having a pet for a substantial amount of time, any pet you see becomes a treasured sight. Maybe one day I will have that cat or dog.

No comments: