I am currently taking a philosophy class, and it has been interesting for me to see how we as humans have evolved in our idea as to who God is and who we are in retrospect. Throughout every century, people have tried to explain who God is. Whether he is related to nature as Hegel says or if it is pure consciousness like Heidegger, humans have searched out to know the Creator.
Have you ever heard the song that inside every person there is a "God-shaped hole"? The more I have studied philosophy, the more I see that it is merely a way to ignore the God-shaped hole that we have inside all of us. I see that in my friends in the class Diane and Nathalia who desire some sort of completion that they don't yet have.
That completion is found in knowing God, who created each of us individually. Speaking of completion...pray for me. My philosophy exam that I thought was June 20th is now May 31st, and I have a lot more studying to do!
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment