Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New introductions

I have recently come to the conclusion that apartment hunting should never be a leisure activity nor to be used for relaxation. In the midst of trying to find the perfect apartment for myself and my two roommates(something beautiful and affordable), there have been moments of stress and some frustration. I've consoled myself with the fact that I won't have to go apartment hunting in Heaven because God has already prepared a place for me! [Sigh of joy]

Instead my relaxation has come from introducing my roommates to "Anne of Green Gables" (how I love that film!!). The first night my roommates started the film thinking that it would be a boring film that they would be happy when it was over, not more than five minutes into it, we were all wrapped up into the story of what adventure or catastrophe would happen in Anne's life. By the end of the three hours, one of my roommates said "Let's watch the second half now!" But seeing as how it was already 2am, we decided to watch it the next day--and they loved it and we were all satisfied with Anne's realization and her decision. (If you haven't seen it--DO!)
As I was introducing my roommates to Anne of Green Gables and to Gilbert Blythe, my brother and sister-in-law were introducing my niece Zoe Miranda (meaning "full of life" and "lovely, admirable") into the world. Zoe was born on August 14th!! Although she was eight weeks early, she is healthy and beautiful! I just heard from my mom that she is coming home from the hospital today! I am excited to meet her one day to be able to fully introduce myself to her. Until then, I am contented to be officially trois fois Tante! (3x an aunt!)

1 comment:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

8 weeks early! I'm really glad she's doing well... congratulations for you all! (love, love, LOVE Anne of Green Gables! Someone gave me a copy of the book, and I remember that I bought the rest of the series with my own money, which was a first for me at the time!) (Must chat soon)