Apparently it the theme of this past week was "America in Brussels" and no one let me know! Coming back to Brussels from the states, I brought with me some of my favorite indispensable items, peanut butter, Butterfingers, and Wheat Thins to start off with. But this past week a lot of "American things" happened. ;)
First off, to become more available to people living in the states, I have bought a US phone number. (541)359-1306, now with this number, anyone can call me on this number and it will be a local call to them and I will be able to pick it up on my cell phone here in Belgium!
Then just today I was thinking about how much I wanted a bagel for breakfast, but here in Belgium, bagels have never been heard of. So I went to the grocery store to buy groceries for our upcoming Leader's retreat, and lo and behold--my grocery store was selling "Trader Joe's" bagels for this week only! So I got my arms full of bagels and called some American friends and bought some for them as well and my friend and I nearly cleaned out their stock of bagels. Hopefully that'll encourage them to have "America" week more frequently. :)
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Life without bagels is hardly worth living for! Nigel is very sweet and imports my favourite American sweets and soda. He's my angel. But I'd love to go back to America sometime myself. Will definately use your new phone number soon as I get really cheap phone calls to America and I have great news to tell you. And anyway, it's always nice to catch up with you...
Post a Comment