While the ball drops in NYC, fireworks go off like crazy in Brussels. New Year's Eve was great! After an evening of eating, talking, dancing, and a chick flick, 11 girls and I brought in New Year's Eve with a new kind of twist--we prayed. It was a great way to bring in the New Year's and really dedicate it to God. (As you can tell from the photo above, we also did a little dancing...)Since then, I have made some typical resolutions and then I have my goals as well. Resolution number one: To complete everything that I start, sub resolution: To start my priorities first and not to waste my time on little projects.
Then I have a lot of goals when it comes to sleeping at regular hours (as you can tell from the picture at the right, after New Year's I was VERY tired!), exercising at least twice weekly, and continue to press in to learning French (the language I know, but I will also be learning till the day I die.)It's funny how with every new year we seem to think that THAT is the time when we can try something new, start over, or just become motivated about our goals. Yet, every day is a new day, and every day can be a new reason to remind one's self to be motivated to run the good race to the finish line. To finish well, that is my theme this year. What is yours? How do you plan to dedicate this New Year?
1 comment:
Happy New year to you as well! I wrote about my resolutions on my blog, but so far have failed miserably! Isn't that the point of resolutions? :)
Post a Comment