Influence. Just this past week I found myself in Seaside, Oregon surrounded by pastors in the Oregon Network as we talked about what it means to be an influence. According to the dictionary, to influence is –noun: the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract. —Related forms: in·flu·ence·a·ble (adj); in·flu·enc·er (n) When I think of the word "influence" the word "impact" also comes to mind with it often. I think in so many ways--they go hand-in-hand. Those that we influence, most times--we make an impact into their lives. That is the life breathing, giving, out-flowing of discipleship that can happen naturally in the context of genuine relationships.Today in church, I had the opportunity to share a little more of my story, how God has lead me to where I am, and how God has enabled me and impassioned me to be able to share HIS story. It was beautiful! I love being able to encourage people and share with them how God has had me share and encourage them to share with people around them.
I have been impacted and influenced this week by the thought of how God has placed His most precious story in clay vessels, who in, and of themselves, are ordinary--but because of the story inside of them, they are stunning. That...that is the type of clay vessel that can influence and make an impact on others. It is a clay vessel that is willing to live up to and stand up to the precious story of God's love given through His son which impacts generations. I cannot wait to see how those I invest in, influence, and hopefully impact for God will then turn and become life long influencers making purposeful disciples and impacting every life they touch. That is what I aspire to--Lord do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment