Pages

Monday, July 24, 2006

Fireworks and Flowers

July 21st was Belgian's National holiday or "independence-type day." IT was a lot of fun the whole city was vibrant and ran rampant with activities! From little side vendors to traditional Belgian dancing. And in the evening they celebrated with a spectacular display of fireworks! The whole day seemed to "scream" red, yellow and black.

Then, on the 23rd, I have been wanting to bless my roommates with some flowers (as well as have some in my own room), so I went down to the corner open market to see what they had. I had six euros with me and I considered flowers a very good investment. So I asked what I would be able to purchase with it. (They were starting to close up and the weekend market was already over.) They showed me a huge beautiful bouquet and said I could take that, then they proceeded to load me with flowers, a dozen cream roses, yellow daisies, hydrangea, and a "bushel" of queen ann's lace, all for free. By the time that I had finished my six euro shopping experience, I had two VERY big arm loads which equated to more flowers than I have ever had before!

So now my roommates and I can all enjoy them. We have spent good quality time together since we all started living together, we have watched some fun movies, we saw the fireworks, and we have spent time in prayer for one another. It has been great!

No comments: