Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Little wonders


I love little wonders in the world that make us smile. Right after my parents left, I boarded a bus and headed out to see some very good friends of mine for three days in London. Michelle and Nigel just had their first baby Elliot in November and I haven't seen them for 3 years so it was great to catch up. Michelle and I laughed so hard that I had tears running down my face many times. And every time that little baby Elliot saw me, he had the HUGEST smile on his face and just started giggling. Truly the laughter of children is a great and wonderful sound.

Another little wonder is the strange mail that we have recently been receiving at our house. It is addressed to Prince and Princess van Nano. At first I thought it was just someone calling someone else and endearing name, but then we googled it and saw that the names were really the royal Dutch family prince and princess!! So apparently we have royalty living under our rough and not even knowing it! I wouldn't mind meeting them though... I have no idea how they got our address, but it's from four different people, even the Japanese embassy!

As I drink my glass of water to refresh me after this hot day I say "cheers" to little wonders. It's those "bits" in life which become memorable.

2 comments:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

You know, ever since you came, I've been noticing just how many times a day, I say 'bits' It sounds strange!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Hey, I don't look terrible in that photo! Yay for me! And Boy always looks good.. except when he's naughty, then he looks GORGEOUS.