Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Having some last moments...

Luke 22:14 - 16, "When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.""

I am beginning to understand Jesus’ not wanting to face what was before Him (the cross) yet excited for what it means (forgiveness of sins and eternal life). I am not trying to say that I understand it perfectly, it’s just that this year, I have a different glimpse of it. The leaving, the desire to impart, the hope that they all “got it,” and the hope and expectation of what is to come. I have recently been having a lot of “lasts” in my life. Last Saturday with MichaĆ«l. Last time to speak in SFC. Last leaders meeting. Last time at church. A last goodbye to a dear friend. Honestly, I do not yet want to leave Belgium; but I am excited for what God has for me in “Eden.” Strange how there has to be a sort of “death” or leaving in one place to get to another. Yet Jesus ate a last meal with his disciples, he served them a last time, and He surrendered to the will of God a last time because He was expectant of what lay ahead, but especially beyond the cross…life everlasting.

No comments: