Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Monday is Cleaning Day

Mark 11:15 - 17, "On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written:"'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.'""

Jesus cleared the temple. Right now, I am in the process of clearing out my room, my apartment as well as my soul. For those of you who don’t know, I am moving to “Eden” (e-mail me for more specifics), so that means that I need to do a clearing out of everything that I have accumulated here in Belgium to A) Get rid of it; B) take it back with me to the states; or C) pack it to go to Eden. It is hard, I am a person who tends to keep and save things… “oh I remember that piece of paper, it was given to me the night we all went out and saw that movie…” Yet Jesus’ clearing of the temple got me not only thinking about my upcoming move, but it also got me thinking about my heart.

No comments: