Pages

Thursday, April 09, 2009

He went to the cross anyways...

John 19:30; "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."

There’s a song I like, “thank you for the cross, thank you for the cross, thank you for the cross my Friend…” I am reminded of it today as I remember the death of Jesus on the cross. He died because He loved me. There’s another song that I heard today which is so true of Christ’s love. It is called “My Eyes Are So Blue I Feel Like I Could Look Right Through” by Aaron Strumpel who plays with the Worship Circle. “With wonder and fear, you knit me together; You shoulda been scared when you breathed into me; I've a feeling you knew what I'd say and what I'd do; But your love said do it anyway…” Jesus knew all that I would do and have done, yet He chose love.

No comments: