Mark 11:9, "Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, "Hosanna! " "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!""
Hosanna was the word that announced the coming King's entrance into the city and his forthcoming triumph over sin. Hosanna was the word and the cross was the final destination. This Easter season, I decided to write a daily post about the Holy week and how it personally affects me. Palm Sunday reminds me of my childhood when we would walk into the church waving palm branches with a spirit of excitement, Jesus was coming to give us life! Today what strikes me is his proclamation "I have overcome sin, come with me, sin has no hold..." As in everyone's life I'm sure, there are things that I would like to change, I want to be more patient with people, more faithful in keeping in touch with my friends, and I want to see people as Jesus sees them and not through any altered glasses of judgment. Sometimes when I only look at what I am like compared to what I want to be like, I can lose hope that change is coming. But today I am reminded that Jesus has already given the promise of transformation, he walked into Jerusalem in victory because he knew what lay ahead the cross and it's victory over sin and death. he has proclaimed me patient, faithful, and non-judgmental; I want to walk in that.
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment